So nobody can deny that the food range in M&S isn’t amazing (although a little overpriced). However on top of the hefty payout there are also the hidden syn values.
I decided to treat myself after losing 3 pounds this week and went for the ‘Moroccan Spiced Butternut Coucouc Salad with Roasted Carrot Dip’ thinking it would be almost syn free. But sadly not.
While not awful it was 5syns I could have used on my daily ice-cream! Instead I had to do without.
So a girl does what a girls got to do. RE-MAKE IT!
To serve 4
(1.5 syns per serving)
1 Butternut squash
4 medium carrots
100g quinoa (uncooked)
100g couscous (uncooked)
Handful of Pomegranate seeds
25g dried apricots (chopped)
1 small can chickpeas
Handful of spinach leaves
1. Peel and dice the butternut squash, toss in Moroccan spices and spray with frylight before putting in the oven on gas mask 7/218° for 40 minutes (turning halfway)
2. Meanwhile, peel the carrots and cut in to quarters. Boil for 4 minutes then drain. Place on oven tray and spray with frylight and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook in oven until slightly charred (timing will spend on oven so keep an eye on them).
3. Once carrots and BNS are in the oven, cook the couscous and quinoa as pack instructs and set aside to cool.
4. Toss quinoa and couscous with the pomegranate, chickpeas, chopped apricots and currants.
5. Once slightly cooled, blend the carrots in a processor until smooth.
6. Serve quinoa and couscous mixture with warm (or cold if preferred) Moroccan BNS and carrot puree.
7. Add sliced spinach for decoration (and speed food)
I served mine between four leftover chinese takeaway pots and took one pot to work for four days. Very easy, very flavoursome and very delicious. You’ll have everybody asking what smells so good!