I have been making these muffins since my first week at slimming world. I never thought I would be able to have something so delicious on a so-called ‘diet’. However with their strong banana taste and generous drizzle of peanut butter there is no going wrong!
Now I have to be honest, these are not for everybody. I have tried them on people at work and most enjoy them while others have said they taste like stodgy blobs. Personally I love the dense oaty texture with the banana flavour. But each to their own I suppose.
They can be personalised to your tastes with different fruit (just make sure you check out the cooked fruit syn value). I often make banana (4 syns) or blueberries (1syn) but it’s up to you.
Give them a go. They’re cheap, easy and use your HE B for the day. Perfect in place of porridge or toast!
To serve 1
(4syns for banana, 1syn for blueberries)
35g all day porridge oats
1 mashed up over-ripe banana
If you prefer a creamy denser texture then you can add half a vanilla muller light but I leave this out.
1. Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees C.
2. In a large bowl mix all of the ingredients until well blended.
3. Spray a muffin tin with fry-light and scoop equal amounts of the mixture in to each muffin mould. (This makes 3 for me but a smaller tray could make from 3-6 muffins)
4. Allow to cook for 20-25 minutes (until firm)
5. Remove from muffin moulds as soon as possible (be careful, don’t burn yourself).
6. If you are having these the following morning then place in the fridge on a piece of kitchen roll. If not, then enjoy warm!
7. I drizzle mine with 1tsp peanut butter for added flavour and then add whatever fruit I like! (of course if fruit isn’t cooked then it’s free!)
You can enjoy these warm out of the oven or cooled the following morning.
Just experiment with different fruits and toppings until you find your favourite!